Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I kind of failed {Week 2- Angela}

I didn't know. 
It wasn't easy to see.
I was misinformed.
I missed it.
Does it still count?
Ok, let me back up... 
I was minding my own business; enjoying a delicious bowl of cereal. 
I started reading the nutritional label, which I had done before, and saw it. 
Hidden within the ingredients and written in smaller print than everything else(or so I interpreted it) was HONEY. 
 I felt an instant sense of failure as I vocalized my disappointment saying "Nooooo" outloud to myself. 
I squirmed and I thought "but I didn't see it the first time I checked the label..."
does that count? 
Yes. 
Did I continue to eat the bowl of cereal I poured?
Yes.
Hey now. It is what it is.  I can't turn back time. 
It was an honest mistake, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. 
I have worked so hard to be completely vegan during this process.
I considered pretending I didn't see it and keeping this dirty little secret to myself, but then what would that prove? 
I sucked up my pride and admitted my defeat. My downfall. My demise.  
Ok, ok. Dramatic, I know. 
I won't do it again, but if I do you will all be the first to know.

Let's not focus on the negative ---I did do some things right this week: 

     



1. Edamame Salad- This recipe was inspired by laziness and an attempt to clean out my fridge.  I threw together edamame, carrots, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, poppy seeds and raisins onto of a bed lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette.  It was yummy and an easy salad to make.
2. Hummus Sandwich- This is my staple.  This is my vegetarian staple and with some modifications it is my vegan samples as well.  This sandwich consists of vegan cheese, Dijon mustard, hummus, cucumbers, tomato, spinach, bean sprouts and lemon pepper.  It is everything.
3. Roasted Broccoli & Apple Salad with Lemon- Tahini Dressing-  This salad is one of the best things I've ever tasted.  I've made it TWICE during this month thus far.  It also has vegan bacon on it.  I literally cannot get enough.  This recipe will be added to my recipe book so I can enjoy it from years to come. You will not be disappointed.
4. Pecan Parmesan- Crusted Avocado & Kale Florentine with Hollandaise Sauce- This recipe helped to fill my hearty egg-filled breakfast void. There's something about avocado crusted in pecans. There's something about being in love.  This breakfast did that for me. Please and thank you.

Overall, this week was a total success minus my little slip-up I noted in the beginning. Don't be fooled.  I'm still a vegan machine.  Yes,  a vegan machine.  Until next week, friends!

-Angela







No comments:

Post a Comment